Pages

Monday, June 13, 2016

Introduction

I've been running in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area off and on for nearly 25 years and have always been surprised at the lack of great (preferably unpaved) running routes.  I'm equally surprised at the lack of resources available to the public about the running routes and trails that we do have.

To fill that void, I'll be documenting my running experiences and reviewing area routes.  For each route, I'll do my best to provide pictures of the primary running surface along with other pertinent information (location, parking, distance, terrain, difficulty, crowdedness, points of interest, etc.).

I live in Northwest Allen County and grew up in the Northeast side, so I tend to run there more often.  I'm looking forward to trying some routes on the south side and in some of the county/state parks around the region.  If you have suggestions, just leave me a comment.

My runs are usually no shorter than 3 miles and may stretch out close to 20 miles as I train for the inaugural Fort4Fitness Fall Festival Marathon.  So, I probably won't be reviewing any routes less than 1.5-2 miles in length (I hate doing laps).

No comments:

Post a Comment